Archive for May, 2012
I like recipes that are simple and different and produce a great product. This recipe satisfies all three. The original recipe didn’t call for vanilla or chocolate chips but I think they are a great addition.
San Jose Mercury News
3 cups regular oats
3 cups all purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 cups shredded coconut
1 ¾ cups butter
6 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
3 tablespoons boiling water
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut. (I put them right in my Kitchenaid.)
3. Set aside.
4. Combine butter and corn syrup in saucepan.
5. Gently heat until butter melts. Set aside.
6. Mix soda in boiling water.
7. Stir soda mixture into butter mixture.
8. Stir vanilla into butter mixture.
9. Combine flour and butter mixtures.
10. Stir in chocolate chips. Watch out as they don’t mix well and tend to drop to the bottom of the pan. I usually just pour the dough out on the counter top to make sure the chocolate chips are distributed evenly in the dough as I form the balls.
11. Bake about 20 minutes until bottoms and edges just turn brown.
These have the most fabulous chew!
Dear Dr. Tad,
Thank you so much for the bag that you specially made, I asked from you yesterday and you willingly gave it to me. I’m using it right now and I am so happy because I really like it and have been wanting for this ever since.
Thank you again for being so kind and generous to all of us here in the E.D. Your are one of a kind.
May the good Lord continue to bless you and your family always.
Brenda, HSA II
11-7 PM shift