As I have said in the past, I really don’t like white chips. I think they taste like medicine and think it is wrong to even connect the word chocolate to them. Still, I am not so closed minded that I do not try a new recipe just because it calls for white chips. What caught my attention on this recipe was the box of coconut-flavored pudding. Truth be told, I was not expecting them to be very good. I think the white chips go pretty well with the coconut and I am not sure what the pudding does for them. Anyway, they are fun, easy to make and come out very uniform and pretty, which is very satisfying.
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
3.4 ounce package Coconut Creme instant pudding mix (Jell-O Brand)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups white chocolate chunks or chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Stir in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Stir in the coconut and white chocolate chunks.
7. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.