Kind of like snickerdoodles with coconut and lime! Easy to make, soft and chewy, exotic taste!
Here is our grandson, Hunter, enjoying one on the back deck.
My Baking Addiction
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cups white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon coconut flavoring
zest of one large lime, finely minced
3 tablespoons lime juice
½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut, * SEE NOTE
½ cup sugar, for rolling dough balls
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Put a layer of coconut on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Watch out. It goes from white to burnt really quickly if you aren’t watching closely.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together butter and 1½ cup sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, coconut flavoring, lime juice and lime zest.
5. Gradually blend in dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
6. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and roll in sugar. Place balls on lined cookie sheets about 1½ inches apart. These do spread quite a bit.
7. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned.
I used sweetened coconut and it worked fine.
Trackback from your site.