Another cookie recipe that caught my attention because the word “chewy” was in the title and made with all coconut oil. They were sweet, chewy and delicious but a bit boring so I added macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips to make them more elegant and interesting.
Adapted from: twopeasandtheirpod.com
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut oil melted but not hot
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1 cup oats
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together sugar, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Stir in oats, coconut, macadamia nuts and white chips.
6. Form into 2 tablespoon balls with a cookies scoop. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and slightly browned. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Trackback from your site.