Basically the same base as Tad’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies but loaded with what I call “floaties.” Chocolate chips, toffee chips, oatmeal, dried cherries. Rather than roll, refrigerate and cut, I just scooped them with a 2 tablespoon scooper. Because they are so loaded, they are a challenge to stir and scoop but you can do it!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups dried cherries
2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
16 ounces toffee baking bits
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper.
3. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
5. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
6. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
7. Mix in oats, cherries, chocolate chips and toffee bits until evenly distributed.
8. Divide the dough in to 3 portions and form them into logs, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate or freeze until firm.
9. Slice dough logs into 3/4 inch thick slices. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
10. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Trackback from your site.