I bought Rice Krispies to make Wasabi Pea Lace Cookies with Lime Butter Cream Filling (one of my favorites!) and had so many left over I went looking for a cookie recipe. A lot of them come from Kellogg’s and were not too inspiring. I really liked this one. Even though I am not a real Rice Krispy Treat fan, I thought these cookies were fun.
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, * See Notes
1 cup mini marshmallows, ** See Notes
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars. Scrape down sides of the bowl and mix in egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir together until just combined.
5. Fold in the cereal, chocolate chips and marshmallows until fully incorporated.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. *** See Notes
7. Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, about 1 inch apart. The cookies will spread some but not a lot.
8. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until cookies have barely begun to brown.
9. Allow cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
* I used semi-sweet chocolate chips
** I used Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits in the plastic bottle. They don’t melt like the mini marshmallows do and stay chewing which is a nice contrast to the crunch of the Rice Krispies.
*** I scoop the dough balls with a cookie scoop and skip this step.
Trackback from your site.