I do most of my shopping at our neighborhood Nob Hill. They publish a magazine designed to get you to buy more stuff from their store to go into their recipes. I always look through it. This week, they had a recipe I thought sounded very interesting. I like sunflower seeds but have never seen a cookie recipe like this. Cookies always smell good coming out of the oven but it was fun to have that cookie aroma veiled in the nutty aroma of sunflower seeds.
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup sunflower seed butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Caramel Filled Morsels*
¾ cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
1. Stir together butter and sunflower seed butter in a large bowl.
2. Beat in sugars.
3. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
4. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
5. Stir in caramel morsels.
6. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
7. Heat oven to 350°F.
8. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Roll dough into 1½-inch balls. Roll each ball in sunflower seeds then place on baking sheets.
10. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
* Though this recipe was in the Nob Hill magazine, I had to go to Safeway to find these.
Trackback from your site.