A friend of mine, Janine, brought me a bag of curry-flavored granola. She bought it but the curry flavor was a bit too much for her. I used it, rather than the oatmeal I usually put in my trademark chocolate chip oatmeal recipe. It was subtle but a couple of people in the emergency department immediately recognized the unusual flavor. I think I will try it again with some other kind of granola. Thanks, Janine!
Serving Size: 72
1 cup shortening
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour, 14.5 ounces
2 teaspoons soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups curry-flavored granola
4 cups chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. In separate bowl, sift together flour, soda and cinnamon.
5. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and granola.
7. Form into balls on cookie sheets.
8. Bake 13 minutes or until just turning brown on the bottom and around the edges.
Trackback from your site.