These are easy to make and come out rich and moist but firm. With all of the kinds of M&Ms available, you could make then with any you like and they would be different and interesting. When I fist saw this recipe in the newspaper, it was at Christmas time and they were supposed to be made with Holiday M&Ms.
Recipe By: Family Circle
Yield: 5 to 6 dozen
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ cup hot coffee or water
1 ½ cups M&Ms
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
4. Add both sugars. Beat until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
6. With mixer on low speed, mix in flour mixture.
7. Stir in coffee.
8. Fold in M&M’s.
9. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Press a couple of M&M’s into the top of each little mound of dough.
10. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool briefly on baking sheets. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
For Christmas cookies, use red and green M&Ms.
Trackback from your site.