Eric is one of our physician assistants. He brought in some blondies the other night and I asked him for the recipe. This is the first time I have taken a bar cookie recipe and made cookies from it. They turned out so well, I am inspired to try more. Feel free to use other dried fruit like craisins or raspberries.
1 cup butter
2 cups dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups white chocolate, chopped into small chunks*
1 cup dried cherries
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheets with parchment.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in sugar and salt.
3. Add vanilla and whisk again.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. Add eggs to the butter mixture and stir well. Set aside.
6. Sift flour, soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
7. Whisk in the egg and butter mixture a little at a time. (It’s important to do this in stages so that you don’t get any lumps.)
8. Leave the mixture to cool slightly, then fold in the chocolate chunks and the cranberries. (If the mixture is too hot, the chocolate will melt.)
9. Form into 2 tablespoon balls onto prepared baking sheets.
10. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the outer edges are firm and the middle still a little soft.
11. Cool on a wire rack.
I used Ghirardelli’s white chocolate chips
Trackback from your site.