Hilary was here this week and we came up with these, a variation of one of her favorites. Baking them slowly helps preserve that chewy texture you might want in a cookie with caramel sauce in it.
Hilary, The EQOTW
3 ½ cups flour, 15.75 oz
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
⅔ cup sugar
2 large eggs
¾ cup caramel sauce
4 teaspoons vanilla
2½ cups oats
3 cups chocolate chips
2 cups unsweetened coconut, toasted * SEE NOTE
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and set aside.
3. Whip butter and sugars.
4. Stir in eggs, caramel sauce and vanilla.
5. Blend in flour mixture until just combined.
6. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and coconut.
7. Bake about 18 minutes or until the edges and bottoms are just turning light brown.
Spread coconut onto baking sheet. Bake at 250 degrees for five minutes. Remove from oven, stir and return to oven. Repeat until coconut is toasted and aromatic. Don’t over-brown.
Trackback from your site.