My friend, Lisa, sent me a recipe for Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies. “What the…?” I asked. A quick Google search showed that something that sounded bizarre to me was, actually, all over the place. I tried some different recipes and this is the one I liked the best. They are very moist but are not nearly as good the next day so make small batches or eat them up!
This is a very interesting way to make cookies. I’ve never seen a cookie recipe that asked you to blend the butter into the flour as if making pastry. This is a small batch but even at that, it was pretty tricky to get the food processor to mix it up. The processor was just too full. When it was done, however, the dough was fabulous and it was really fun to mix the chocolate chips in with my hands. Had to repeat it thee times to make enough for the emergency department.
2¾ cups flour
1 cup cold butter, cut into small chunks
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced finely
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, salt and soda in a food processor.
3. Add butter and process until mixture is the texture of small crumbs.
4. Add sugars, vanilla, and boiled eggs. Pulse again until mixture comes together.
5. Remove dough to a large bowl. Add chocolate chips and combine by hand, using a wooden spoon or clean hands.
6. Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly with your hand.
7. Bake 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
8. Remove cookies from oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Eat them today.
Here is Hunter enjoying one:
Here is a picture of my hens. No wonder I am always looking for egg recipes:
Trackback from your site.