Recipe Adapted from:
Home-Tested Cookie Recipes
3 ½ cups flour, 15.75 ounces
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon soda
½ cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ teaspoon coconut flavoring
½ cup caramel topping
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, shortening and sugars until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs, vanilla, coconut flavoring and ice cream topping until fluffy.
5. With mixer on low, gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just combined.
6. Stir in nuts, chocolate chips and coconut.
7. Drop in 2 tablespoon balls on parchment-lined baking sheets.
8. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until just golden brown.
The caramel sauce and cooking them at low temperature give these tasty guys a very nice texture and chew. The idea of adding coconut flavoring came from my Aunt Mabel June. Makes about 60 cookies.
Trackback from your site.