I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Kim. I have shared other recipes on this blog that I got from her and here is another good one. They are VERY rich and chocolatey. The marshmallow and piece of chocolate on top make them look really cool and they have a great texture. Fun cookies! Thanks, Kim!
Adapted from Averie Cooks
½ cup unsalted butter
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
8 ounces dark chocolate, diced into ½ -inch pieces
12 large marshmallows, cut in half
1. Heat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment or spray with cooking spray.
2. To a medium, microwave-safe bowl add butter and chocolate chips. Heat on high to melt for 1 minute. Stop to check and stir. Heat in 15-second bursts, stopping to stir after each burst, until chocolate has melted and can be stirred smooth. Allow melted chocolate mixture to stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
3. To a separate large bowl add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed just until blended, about 1 minute.
4. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat on medium speed until just until combined, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed just until combined, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, form dough balls and place them on the baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges and tops have just set, even if slightly undercooked and glossy in the center.
7. Remove baking sheet from oven, add 1 piece of dark chocolate to the center of each cookie, pushing down very slightly just so it breaks the surface and sinks down.
8. Place one marshmallow half on the top of each piece of chocolate on all the cookies, pushing down very slightly so the marshmallow adheres.
9. Return baking sheet to oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or just until marshmallows have puffed; don’t let them brown and don’t over-bake. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
Chocolatey? I made a triple batch for the ED so that was 36 ounces of chocolate chips as well as the ¾ cup cocoa and the chocolate on the top.
Trackback from your site.