My daughter, McKenzie sent me this recipe and they are wonderful. They mixed up easily and looked great. They are rich and tasty, even though they are not so dark a chocolate because of using hot chocolate mix rather than cocoa powder.
1¼ cups butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3¼ cups flour
4 packs hot chocolate mix (not sugar free)
1 teaspoon salt
1¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Marshmallow Bits, * See Notes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. And eggs and vanilla. Blend well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients, including hot chocolate mix.
5. Add dry ingredients a little at a time to wet ingredients.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
7. Drop onto cookie sheets in 2 tablespoon balls.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for approximately five minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
* Original recipe says you can use mini marshmallows. If you do, they will turn out completely different. The Bits keep their integrity whereas mini marshmallows melt and caramelize. Both have their appeal but they are not equivalent. Unfortunately, the Bits are harder to find. Nob Hill and Lucky, the two grocery stores closest to us don’t carry them but I was able to find them at Safeway.
Trackback from your site.