I made this with LeBonMagot White Pumpkin and Almond Murabba with Cardamom and Vanilla. (Murabba means Jam.) It was a gift to me from my daughter, who went into a specialty store in Manhattan, where she lives, and asked the clerk for the most interesting ingredient they had that could be use in cookies. Quite a challenge to come up with a distinctive cookie recipe using jam!
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup oil
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecans, finally chopped
8 ounces jam
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat egg and sugar.
3. Beat in oil, butter, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
4. Stir in flour, in intervals.
5. Spray 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
6. Press dough flat into baking pan.
7. Spread evenly with jam.
8. Spread nuts evenly over jam.
9. Bake 35 minutes.
Trackback from your site.