I like malted milk balls. I have been looking for a cookie that is really malty. Here is one that I got from a friend at church. They are firm and traveled well to the emergency department where they were greeted with enthusiasm. If you like your malt more chocolaty, throw in a cup of chocolate chips.
Child Magazine’s cookie contest in 2003 via Margaret
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups crushed malted milk balls (Leave pieces large.)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, hot chocolate mix, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
6. Stir in malted milk balls.
3. Shape dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until firm to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Trackback from your site.