My daughter-in-law, Elizabeth, sent this to me. It can be found all over the Internet
2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small, microwave safe bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter (still warm) with cocoa powder and whisk until very smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until no streaks of flour remain.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough in 2 tablespoon balls onto prepared baking sheet, leaving about two inches between cookies to allow for spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set around the edges.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack with a spatula to cool completely.
Very chocolaty and rich. Don’t over cook them!