Serving Size: 72
1 cup shortening
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour, 14.5 ounces
2 teaspoons soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups oats, 9.5 ounces
4 cups chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream shortening, butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. In separate bowl, sift together flour, soda and cinnamon.
5. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and oats.
7. Form into balls on cookie sheets.
8. Bake 13 minutes or until just turning brown on the bottom and around the edges.
Alternative: Add 3/4 teaspoon coconut flavoring with the vanilla and 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut with the chocolate chips.
Another thing to try: replace the shortening with coconut oil. Good flavor and creamy texture. Very good.