Recipe Adapted from:
Home-Tested Cookie Recipes
2½ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1½ cups pistachio ice cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 small box instant pistachio pudding
1 large egg
12 ounces chocolate chips
4 ounces pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt and soda. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, ice cream, vanilla, sugars and pudding mix. It may look kind of curdled at this point. Don’t worry. Stir in eggs.
4. With mixer on low, stir in flour mixture until just combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Drop in 2 tablespoon balls in prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake about 10 minutes until brown. This is one of those recipes where they look over-done when they are not. Even when brown, they are still soft.
8. Cool on wire racks.
Original recipe called for vanilla pudding and had no nuts. They really were not very pistachioy. I changed the pudding and added the nuts which helped a lot. I was thinking of adding some green food coloring. Maybe next time.
Trackback from your site.