The cranberries and zest make these cookies. I left out the nuts, as I usually do. They have a very festive smell and taste.
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup canned or cooked and pureed pumpkin
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh cranberries, each cut in half
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon orange zest
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or cover with baking parchment.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in vanilla, egg and pumpkin.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into sugar mixture until well blended.
5. Stir in orange zest and walnuts.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Trackback from your site.