If you look at my list of cookie recipes, you will see that I messed around quite a bit trying to find a good S’mores cookie. Here is the last one I tried. As with all the others I tried, the cookie part is the hardest to recreate. These look cool. They are clearly chocolatey, marshmallowy and graham crackery but I have just not beed able to come up with a cookie that comes close to that crunchy satisfaction you get when making real S’mores around the camp fire.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup miniature marshmallows, cut in half
4 full-sheet graham crackers, ground into fine crumbs
1. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together in a large bowl on medium speed until creamed, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Add the milk. The dough will be heavy and sticky. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
5. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a bowl. Form a 2 tablespoon balls of dough. Roll each cookie dough ball into the graham cracker crumbs then place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press 3-4 pieces of marshmallow on top of each cookie. Return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven. Cookies will appear undone and very soft. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Trackback from your site.