When we were in New York City recently, visiting our daughter and her husband, we happened by a cookie store. One of their offerings was a S’mores cookie. It was warm and really delicious, which inspired me to come home and try to come up with a S’mores cookie of my own. Here it is. The marshmallows melt so they are more caramely than marshmallowy, which I like.
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
¾ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1½ cups brown sugar
¾ cup flour
¼ cup cocoa
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 large eggs, cold
12 ounces milk chocolate chips or chunks*
1 cup miniature marshmallows, 8 ounces
2 cups Golden Graham cereal
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt bittersweet chocolate and butter over double boiler or in microwave until just melted. Set aside.
3. Mix together dry ingredients.
4. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
5. Stir in butter/chocolate mixture.
6. Stir in milk chocolate chips and marshmallows.
7. Carefully fold in cereal. The dough will not coat all of the pieces.
8. Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. It is a bit tricky to scoop since there are so many floaties in them.
9. Bake about 14 minutes.
10. Let cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.
*I used Dove Promises. I cut each piece of candy into fourths. It would be easier to just use milk chocolate chips but Dove is hard to pass up!
Trackback from your site.