Another S’mores Cookie recipe. What I really like about this, over all the others I have tried, is that it really resembles campfire S’mores. The cookie is the the most grahamy I have made. The gelatin-free marshmallows don’t melt but keep their presence as actual marshmallows. The milk chocolate is present like a Hershey bar. And they look fabulous, don’t you think?
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag gelatin-free marshmallows, cut in half*
bulk milk chocolate, gently melted and tempered**
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Scoop a tablespoon of dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten.
7. Place half-marshmallow in the center of the flattened dough ball.
8. Scoop another tablespoon of dough and press it onto and around the marshmallow, sealing the edges all around.
9. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
10. When completely cool, dip the bottoms of the cookies into the tempered chocolate to cover the bottom and a bit up the sides. Wipe the excess chocolate off before placing on waxed paper to cool completely.
* I bought these at Whole Foods.
** If you are not familiar with tempering chocolate, it is not hard. Here are a couple of references for you to chew over.
Trackback from your site.