Molasses Oat Bran Cookies
If you need some extra fiber in your diet, here is a great way to add a little. These are really pretty cookies.
1990 Pillsbury Bake-Off
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 cup sugar
1. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, oil, egg, and molasses and mix very well.
2. In medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, bran, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves.
3. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator or sideboard for several hours, up to a day. You can skip this step but this allows the brans to soften and be more palatable.
5. Heat oven to 375°F.
6. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
7. Scoop dough into 2-tablespoon balls. Roll in the ¼ cup sugar.
8. Place on prepared sheets.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes until tops are cracked and edges starting to brown.
I made these with All-Bran and they were not very good. Would stick with the oat bran if I were to make these again. They are pretty.