I am always looking for an interesting ingredient for a cookie. I am sure that is what drew my attention to this recipe. Warning: If you don’t already know that you like matcha green tea, I would recommend you not try these. My experience is that this is not a universally appreciated flavor.
3½ ounces unsalted butter
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 pinch salt
5¼ ounces all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup coarsely chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 330F. Shift flour, green tea, and baking soda together. Set aside.
2. Microwave butter until it’s melted. Combine the sugars and butter together. Add the egg and salt, then mix.
3. Stir in flour mixture with a spatula. Stir in white chocolate.
4. Drop cookie dough in rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper.
5. Bake about 12 minutes. Don’t over bake!