These are a very simple cookie to make. They are moist and fruity with all those raisins.
Home-Tested Cookie Recipes and around the Internet
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 large eggs
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
15 ounces golden raisins
1. Heat Oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add lemon juice and eggs. Mix well.
3. Combine dry ingredients. Gradually mix into butter mixture.
4. Stir in raisins.
5. Form into 2-tablespoon balls.
6. Flatten with bottom of drinking glass that has been buttered and sugared.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.