Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I should do a better job of keeping track of how I come across my recipes. I may have come up with this when I was looking for cookies with coconut oil in them. Anyway, these make delicious cookies but they are soft and moist so don’t travel well.
1¼ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1½ teaspoon pure vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut. unsweetened*
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream together butter, coconut oil, and sugars. Scrape down the sides. Add egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. On a low speed, gradually mix in flour mixture, until incorporated.
5. Mix in shredded coconut and oats.
6. Mix in chocolate chips. The dough will be pretty solid.
7. Form into balls of about 2 tablespoons and place on sheets lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake about 11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 2 minutes more on the sheet then remove and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
* I used sweetened.
I tried these with and without adding 3/4 teaspoon coconut flavoring. Of course, they were more coconuty with the added flavoring but I liked them better without it.
Trackback from your site.