Someone told my wife her favorite cookie shop was Anthony’s in San Francisco. When we looked at their website, they listed Cookies and Cream as one of their cookies. I had come across cookies and cream cookie recipes before but this time I really went looking. There are many different cookies and cream cookie recipes out there. I had a bit of a hard time trying these because it just doesn’t make any sense, really, to buy lousy cookies, crush them and put them in your home made cookies which you hope will be delicious. I finally decided to give them a try. Here is the recipe I picked to try, adjusted only a bit by me.
¾ cup butter, at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4.2 ounces Cookies and Cream pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
8 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped or crushed
5 ounces white chocolate chips
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pudding mix, baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until completely combined.
5. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
6. Fold in the Oreos, white and semi-sweet chips.
7. Form dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake about 12 minutes, or until set.
They don’t brown very much so if you leave them in until they are brown, they will be over cooked.
Trackback from your site.