Double Dark Chocolate Almond Cookies
This is a pretty basic cookie with a soft texture but they hold together pretty well when bags full are taken to the emergency department.
San Jose Mercury News and all over the Internet
2 cups Extra Dark Chocolate Chips (divided)
2 tablespoons water
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat over to 350F degrees.
2. Heat one cup of chips and water in microwave for about 1 minute, stirring well until smooth. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add melted chocolate, then mix in flour and baking soda just until incorporated. Stir in remaining chocolate chips and almonds.
5. Drop spoonfuls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Tops will look cracked and crusty while centers will be soft and look under baked. Don’t over-cook them!