Andes Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Our daughter, McKenzie, sent us this recipe. When I was unable to find Andes Mints on my first foray looking for them, she also sent me two boxes of mints, which made ¾ of a batch. They are very minty and have a great texture. I would not add milk. I would just muscle them into balls, which I did with minimal trouble.
McKenzie from sallysbakingaddiction.com
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 285 grams
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups chopped Andes Mints, 340 grams * SEE NOTES
1/4 cup milk, if needed **SEE NOTES
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With an electric or stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed.
3. Add the egg, then the egg yolk, mixing for about 1 minute after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
5. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix for about one minute on low speed. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
6. By hand, fold in the Andes Mints.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls** onto ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat. Bake 10-12 minutes until sides slightly begin to brown. I took mine out of the oven at exactly 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
1. * OR Andes Mints Creme de Menth Baking Chips
2. ** The dough is thick but should come together easily. However, if it is TOO thick to handle, add up to 1/4 cup milk before adding the Andes Mints.
3. I would not add milk. These cookies have a great texture that I doubt would survive if you added milk. Just scoop them!
4. McKenzie gave me two boxes of Andes Mints that made ¾ of a batch.
Trackback from your site.
I finally remembered to catch up on your blog after many months and something has happened that I can’t figure out. From about July last year all the photos you have added since show them as being broken for me. I can’t see any of them, and yet the photos from the posts before July all show up. But if I click on the broken photo icon it downloads the photo and I can see it. Has this been a problem for anyone else? AND Hi btw… Bring Sheri to NZ sometime, would love to see you guys!