Shari made a coconut cream pie for Thanksgiving. Great recipe. Ask if you want it. Anyway, I went looking for cookie recipes that would use up the 7 egg whites left over from the pie. This is what I came up with and, I think their efforts to reproduce that crunch and chew of the brownie edges came pretty close. They are easy to make and very satisfying to eat.
King Arthur Flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 large egg whites
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon espresso powder
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with a greased sheet of baking parchment.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In medium-sized bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.
4. Add sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, oil, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
5. Whisk in milk powder, then flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Scoop 2 tablespoon blobs of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of room for them to spread.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
Trackback from your site.
I would love the recipe for the coconut cream pie
im with Debbie, woud love the recipe for thecoconut crean pie, Thanks
Good to have you back on!