Cherry Cordial Cookies
When I came across Kirschwasser as an ingredient in cookies, I had to try it. Here is one recipe I liked. There are also some that are chocolate. I will share if I find one I really like. I softened the cherries and put them in the Kirschwasser when I came home from work so they soaked all day while I was sleeping. They were nice and soft and had a nice bite from the liqueur. A 200ml bottle was about the right amount for this recipe.
2 cups dried cherries
2/3 cup cherry liqueur, Kirschwasser
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, 13.5 ounces
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsly chopped
1. Immerse dried cherries in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set in a small bowl with the cherry liqueur to soak, the longer, the better.
2. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, cream butter with brown sugar and white sugar.
4. Stir in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
5. Sift together flour and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture.
6. Gently fold in cherries, with liqueur, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and macadamia nuts.
7. Drop cookie dough by 2 tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Leave 2 to 3 inches of space between cookies.
8. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should be lightly browned.
9. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Trackback from your site.