My daughter-in-law, Elizabeth forwarded this recipe to me. It is not a cheap recipe to make. I used two bottles or macadamia nuts and a big, Costco-sized bag of mangos to make a triple batch for the emergency department. So, they are not for just any cookie craving but they are wonderful for a special event.
Earthbound Farms via Elizabeth
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup white chips
1 cup dried mangos, diced
¾ cup salted macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Position rack in the middle of the oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, brown and white sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture to the egg-sugar mixture, mixing on low speed just until combined.
6. Stir in chips, mango, and nuts.
7. Form dough into 2-tablespoon balls. Arrange 12 on each baking sheet with at least 1-1/2 inches between them. Bake until just golden, about 14 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheets.
Trackback from your site.