Recipe By: The Mom 100
First made during Covid-19 shut down.
½ cup unsalted butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1½ cups sugar, more for flattening
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
¾ cup roughly chopped dried cherries
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
2. Over double boiler, melt butter, unsweetened and semisweet chocolates, stirring frequently, just until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until creamy and yellow, about 1 minute.
5. With mixer on low speed, blend in flour mixture, in a few batches, until just combined.
6. Beat in chocolate mixture until smooth. The batter will be very thick.
7. Stir in white chocolate chips and dried cherries.
8. Scoop out two-tablespoon balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
9. Butter the bottom of a drinking glass. Dip it in sugar. Flatten a dough ball. Re-dip glass before flattening each of the other balls.
10. Bake about 13 minutes until tops are crackly and edges are set.
11. Remove from oven and let sit for one minute on baking sheet (the cookies will sink slightly), then transfer to a wire rack.