Salted Caramel Cookies
Recipe By: www.modernhoney.com
Shari wanted to take cookies to Dennis and Ruth Packard, who are all loaded up to move back to Utah after being here for 50 years. She also wanted them to be simple to make because Hunter and Pippa were to help. These qualified in both ways. They are really just caramel sugar cookies.
1 cup Butter, (lightly softened)
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
½ cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Large Egg Yolk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
¼ cup High-Quality Caramel Sauce, (plus more for drizzling on cookies)
2½ cups Flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
Sea Salt Flakes (optional to sprinkle on the top)
1. Heat oven to 390 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for at least 4 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
3. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix for 1 minute longer. Stir in caramel.
4. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If sprinkling sea salt flakes on the top of cookies, reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
5. If possible, use a light-colored baking sheet. Roll cookies into light balls and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes or until lightly golden on the sides. Remove from the oven and let set up for several minutes.
6. Drizzle caramel all over each cookie before serving. If so desired, sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Use room temperature butter. I love to use dark brown sugar because it creates a richer, chewier cookie texture. The extra molasses helps to create that chewy texture. You can substitute regular golden brown sugar as well. Cream the mixture for at least 4 minutes with a mixer.
Stir in high-quality thick caramel. I like to use refrigerated caramel as it has a thicker consistency. The cookie dough calls for 1/4 cup but for extra caramel flavor, I suggest drizzling caramel on top of the baked cookies.
Bake just until edges starts to become a light golden brown color. I always suggest using these light-colored baking sheets. Once you remove from oven, sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt Flakes for extra salty-sweet flavor.
Drizzle extra salted caramel all over the top of the cookies before serving.
Trackback from your site.