Tad’s Coconut Sugar Cookies
These are not sugar cookies with coconut. They are cookies make with coconut sugar. They also have coconut oil. Some might say this makes them healthier than if they were made with butter and sugar. You can decide.
21 tablespoons coconut oil
½ cup sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
3½ cups coconut sugar
4 cups flour, 21 ounces
1 teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together sugar and ½ cup brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Mix together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Mix together 3½ cups coconut sugar and coconut oil until well combined.
5. Stir in eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until well combined.
6. Stir in flour mixture until well combined.
7. Form into balls about 2 tablespoons in size. Roll dough balls in sugar/brown sugar mixture.
8. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until edges are just browned set but centers are still soft.
Consider adding coconut.
Trackback from your site.
Healthier AND tastier? I’m very curious about coconut sugar- this is the first I’ve ever heard of it.