Tad’s Mallow Bits S’mores Cookies
I have been on kind of a S’mores cookies adventure since eating a cookie of that name in New York. Here is the latest attempt. They are easy to make, if you can find the Mallow Bits. They are made by Kraft, Jet-puffed. I was unable to find them at Nob Hill or Lucky but Safeway had them. They are harder than normal marshmallows and don’t melt as much so they provide a marshmallowiness that doesn’t disappear when you bake them.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package chocolate chips
3 ounces Mallow Bits
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and Mallow Bits.
7. Scoop in 2 tablespoon balls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
8. BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Trackback from your site.
These cookies are really good. They have a great crispy outside and a soft inside. One sheet of mine were the slightest bit overdone and they tasted a little like the marshmallow you burn on the campfire. I really like this cookie, but I wish the graham cracker flavor came through more.