These are a bit tricky and it takes some work to keep the caramel inside the dough. I don’t know what difference the Nutella makes as they didn’t taste too much like hazelnut to me.
My sister-in-law sent this to me. She got it at http://barbarabakes.com
2 ½ cups flour all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup Nutella
2 teaspoons vanilla
36 caramels, unwrapped and frozen
1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling, optional
1. In medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in Nutella, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or more so the dough is easier to handle.
6. Heat oven to 375º.
7. Shape a tablespoon of dough into a ball. Press a caramel into the center of each ball and reshape into a ball. Roll in granulated sugar and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets, then place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and slightly cracked.
9. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Don’t over bake.
Trackback from your site.