Oatmeal Double Chocolate Cookies
Nob Hill Magazine
1 pound butter, softened
1½ cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips, melted and cooled
2½ cups flour, 11¼ ounces
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 cup oats
2 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in melted and cooled chocolate.
4. Set aside.
5. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
6. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
7. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
These came out very moist but are more oaty than others I have tried. They also have a good chocolate balance for those of us who are not really crazy about really deep, dark chocolate. Don’t over-bake them. Keep them soft and moist.
Trackback from your site.