I am not sure how I came across this recipe. Don’t make them if you are in a hurry. You need to have some time but they are well worth it. They would be a great cookie to show off at a holiday party.
¼ cup orange juice
3 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup caramel topping
6 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup pecans, chopped finely
1 cup dried cranberries, chopped finely
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 2/3 cups flour, 16.5 ounces
½ cup pecans, chopped
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
1. Pecan Topping: Combine 1 cup cranberries, 1 cup pecans, sour cream and caramel topping. Set aside.
2. Orange Glaze: In a mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cup orange juice. Set aside.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, 1 cup cranberries, ginger, orange peel and vanilla. Beat until combined.
5. In medium bowl combine flour, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, ginger and salt.
6. Gradually beat flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
7. Drop 1 tablespoon balls of dough about 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets or cookie sheets lines with baking parchment. Flatten slightly, making and indentation in the center.
8. Spoon 1 teaspoon of pecan topping onto the center of each unbaked cookie.
9. Bake 12-13 min.
10. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
11. Drizzle with orange glaze.
These were a little complicated to make but are FABULOUS! Shari says the flavors remind her of the holidays.
Who the heck was Rudolph, any way?
Trackback from your site.